The Geomancer

1/2/11

New Year's Resolutions



Hey folks,

I'm not very good with resolutions (We fear change!), but I'm going to 'try to try.'

1. More play, less TV. As Logan gets older, he's becoming more interested in tv shows. And it's soooo easy to just let him watch while I get stuff done. But this isn't a good trend, and I'm going to focus on more play time.

2. Write more. I'm increasing my weekly goal for new pages written. Hopefully this won't result in lesser quality. Hey, Stephen King writes on Christmas, so I can, too. (Note: I did write a little on Christmas this year. Yay?)

3. More conventions. Last year I attended just one fan convention. This year I've got four lined up already, with at least one more to add. The goal here is to get out of my cave and expose myself to more people.. er, expose them to my writing, that is. I'll post a list soon.

4. Make signed copies available to those who live far away. I feel horrible when I'm contacted by readers who would like a signed copy of my book, but they live in different states (or countries). I have a couple ideas how to accomplish this without breaking the bank. I'm going to work on it.

5. Enjoy more, stress less. There's a lot of uncertainty in a writer's life, especially when you're just getting into the business. But you can't let it affect your thinking. You just have to keep producing your best work and let the cards fall where they may.


That's it. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2011. Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:11 PM

    How about signing book-plates? They're cheap to mail, and the fans can paste them into their copies of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great resolutions. I'm certainly wanting to spend less time in front of the television watching tv or dvd's and more time reading, playing games with my wife and daughter, and working on creative projects.

    I wish you all the best with your resolutions this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made arrangements with a local bookstore to have signed copies of my books available via mail.

    The info is on my website and blog:

    http://jonsprunk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete