The Geomancer

7/22/09

For Your Viewing Pleasure: The Quiet War Full Cover Spread

Coming in September...
Cover Illustration © Sparth
Design by Jacqueline Cooke


"Shortlisted for this year's Arthur C. Clarke Award, this sweeping interplanetary adventure is also a thoughtful examination of human nature. ...McAuley (Cowboy Angels) moves deftly among five well-drawn characters in the thick of the action: a cloned spy, a hotshot pilot, a ruthless scientist, a bluntly independent biological engineer and an unscrupulous diplomat. They all, in different ways, must choose between the familiar and the new, struggling to reconcile conflicting desires. This compelling tale opens vast panoramas while confronting believable people with significant choices." Publishers Weekly starred review

2 comments:

  1. I am looking at my calendar and realizing that September is almost upon us and I'll be able to finally purchase this. Heck, it might even be in the stores early (hope springs eternal...). Looking forward to it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came in last week. My copies haven't arrived here yet - driving me crazy with anticipation!!! - and I usually get them about a week before they show up on Amazon, then another week to three for stores. However, Dawnthief showed up on Amazon today, and I'm still waiting for my copies for that.

    ReplyDelete