The Geomancer

1/18/07

New Dreams and Melty Men

Tom Easton likes New Dreams for Old. As he writes in his column on Analog, the Reference Library, the book is:

"...a collection that amply demonstrates why Mike has been one of my favorite writers since the 1970s. He has a remarkably clean style and a huge gift for sheer story at many levels. He can be light and frothy as in his John Justin Mallory fantasies (two are here) and deeply reflective about the human condition, as in the Kirinyaga stories (one of the best, 'For I Have Touched the Sky,' is here). If you aren’t familiar with his work, this collection is an excellent introduction. If you are, his stories tend to be very rereadable. Buy this one, and enjoy."

Meanwhile, I got my personal copies of Jack Dann's The Man Who Meltedyesterday, which means they should be hitting stores soon and can already be ordered online. I'm really impressed by how good this title looks in hand. The art is by Nick Stathopoulous - first time I've worked with Nick - and the design by our own Jackie Cooke. I'd love to know what people think about the look, as it's a bit of a departure from other Pyr titles, but I think it's gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment